Due Diligence for Mergers and Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions are often complex and time-sensitive. Success depends on strategic and sound due diligence. Cardinal’s research team has the necessary skills and experience to assist you in this process. Due diligence services include:
• Invalidity research may be conducted on the subject assets, ensuring you don’t overpay.
• A thorough freedom-to-operate review provides a clear picture of your ongoing risk exposure.
• Title and assignee research determines whether the seller is unencumbered and entitled to transfer the IP to you.
Maintenance Fee Review
• Confirms the payment status of annuities and maintenance fees on the subject assets.
Historical Litigation Analysis
• Court record research provides a summary of the current and past assertions of the subject assets or patents identified during liability assessment.