An Examination Search is performed on the claims of a patent application prior to filing. The results help you prepare your application for upcoming prosecution, allowing you to adjust claims and specification in light of the identified prior art. Search results may include published applications and issued patents, both U.S. and foreign, as well as non-patent literature such as scientific journals and papers. Cardinal’s experienced analysts highlight segments of particular relevance in the identified references. Upon request, these highlighted segments can be mapped to your claim elements.
To view the technologies we routinely search, please click here.
For a listing of our patent and non-patent literature resources, please click here.
If you are interested in our foreign language capabilities, please click here.
- Identification of Best Fit Classes
- Keyword Searching
– Keyword searching not limited by classification
- U.S. Patents
- Published U.S. Patent Applications
- Foreign Patents
- Published Foreign Patent Applications
- Non-Patent Literature
- PDF version of report (via email)
- IP Dashboard Search Report System (web-based report interface)
– Zipped bulk download of all references
Additional Add-On Services
- Mapping Applicable Reference Excerpts to Each Claim Element
- 5-7 Business Days