Cardinal can provide a Freedom to Operate Search or Clearance Search to identify patents and published applications that may pose an infringement risk to your product or service, as well as expired patents that may indicate that your product or service is in the public domain. Depending on your needs, the search scope may be limited to U.S. patents and published applications or expanded to include foreign patent references. Expired patents and public domain evidence can be considered and the status of each U.S. Patent is provided.
To view the technologies we routinely search, please click here.
For a listing of our patent and non-patent literature resources, please click here.
If you are interested in our foreign language capabilities, please click here.
Freedom to Operate Search / Clearance Search Includes:
- Identification of Best Fit Classes (or Suggested by Client)
- Keyword Searching
– Keyword searching not limited by classification
- U.S. Patents
- Published U.S. Patent Applications
- Safe Harbor References
– Expired U.S. Patents- Abandoned U.S. Applications
- Status as reported on front page of Public PAIR (for all U.S. references in report)
- PDF version of report (via email)
- IP Dashboard Search Report System (web-based report interface)
– Zipped bulk download of all references
Additional Add-On Services
- Additional Jurisdictions
- USPTO Maintenance Fee Payment Check
- Estimate of Patent Expiration Date*
- Additional Distinct Features**
- 5-10 Business Days
Please also visit Infringement/Non-Infringement Search
*Cardinal uses a mathematical algorithm to determine an estimated patent expiration date.This is for convenience only and is not legal determination of the exact expiration date.
**Prices vary with extent and overlap with existing features