An Infringement or Non-Infringement Search identifies patents having claims that may read on a prospective product or service. Prior to conducting the search, Cardinal’s research team will work with you to establish the features of the product or service that should be considered for infringement. With this information, our experienced analysts will conduct a search, identify relevant patents, and highlight claims within these patents in the search report. The search scope may be limited to active U.S. patents, or may be expanded to include foreign patent references.
To view the technologies we routinely search, please click here.
For a listing of our patent and non-patent literature resources, please click here.
If you are interested in our foreign language capabilities, please click here.
- Identification of Best Fit Classes
- Keyword Searching
– Keyword searching not limited by classification
- Active U.S. Patents
- Status as reported on front page of Public PAIR (for all U.S. references in report)
- PDF version of report (via email)
- IP Dashboard Search Report System (web-based report interface)
– Zipped bulk download of all references
Additional Add-On Services
- Published U.S. Patent Applications
- Additional Jurisdictions
- USPTO Maintenance Fee Payment Check
- Estimate of Patent Expiration Date*
- Additional Distinct Features**
- 5-7 Business Days
Please also visit Clearance Search and Freedom to Operate Search
This is for convenience only and is not legal determination of the exact expiration date.
**Prices vary with extent and overlap with existing features