A Patentability Search or Novelty Search identifies prior art references that either alone or in combination are material to the patentability of an invention. Search results may include published applications and issued patents, both US and foreign, as well as non-patent literature such as scientific journals and papers. Our experienced analysts highlight segments of particular relevance in the identified references. Upon request, these highlighted segments are mapped to the elements of your invention.
To view the technologies we routinely search, please click here.
For a listing of our patent and non-patent literature resources, please click here.
If you are interested in our foreign language capabilities, please click here.
- Identification of Best Fit Classes
- Keyword Searching
– Keyword searching not limited by classification
- U.S. Patents
- Published U.S. Patent Applications
- Foreign Patents
- Published Foreign Patent Applications
- Non-Patent Literature
- PDF version of report (via email)
- IP Dashboard Search Report System (web-based report interface)
– Zipped bulk download of all references
Additional Add-On Services
- Break down of the invention into elements and mapping of applicable reference excerpts to each element
- 3-7 Business Days