An Invalidity or Validity Search identifies prior art references that may be used alone or in combination to contest the validity of the claims in a patent or patent application. Search results may include published applications and issued patents, both U.S. and foreign, as well as non-patent literature such as scientific journals and papers. Only references disclosing the claim limitations are included in the results, and Cardinal’s analysts highlight the segments relevant to the claim elements. Additionally, analysts can provide a mapping between the highlighted segments and the corresponding claim limitations.
For additional information regarding our Standard Invalidity, please see the detailed description on this page, or contact us with any questions you might have. For a more expansive service that includes dedicated NPL searchers, librarians, claim mapping, and collaboration, please see our Premium Invalidity and our RedBird Invalidity pages and their associated details.
To view the technologies we routinely search, please click here.
For a listing of our patent and non-patent literature resources, please click here.
If you are interested in our foreign language capabilities, please click here.
- Identification of Best Fit Classes
- Keyword Searching
– Keyword searching not limited by classification
- U.S. Patents
- Published U.S. Patent Applications
- Foreign Patents
- Published Foreign Patent Applications
- Non-Patent Literature
- Analysts provide either the publication date or an earlier priority date for each reference, indicating how the reference is prior art
- Unless otherwise noted, search will be limited to non-cited references
- PDF version of report (via email)
- IP Dashboard (web-based report interface)
– Zipped bulk download of all references
Additional Add-On Services
- Mapping of applicable reference segments to each claim requested
- Break down of claim(s) into key elements and mapping of reference segments to each key element as exemplary rejections
- 5-7 Business Days